Friday, November 26, 2010

Tree Stand

I dream about Christmas decorating . . . not a lie. I love it! I am kind of obsessed. When my husband and I were looking to buy a house, in every (and I mean every) house we walked into I would think to myself, "where would the tree go?". So, don't be surprised that the next few posts will be about decorating for Christmas.

A few years ago I got really bored of hiding my Christmas tree stand with a tree skirt, so I decided to try something new. I found a trash can for $10 at Walmart and headed to (you guessed it) Home Depot for some plumbing supplies. Drilled some holes in the bottom of the can, attached the (I don't know what it's called, so I will call it "thing") thing to the can with bolts and nuts. Then screwed in the pipe. I filled the can with gravel to keep my tree from falling over. I love the clean look. I have done this with a live tree as well. You just leave out the pipe, make sure you have a long trunk, and pack in gravel around the trunk.



2 comments:

  1. Love the Christmas post! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the X-mas posts too! I have always admired that tree holder!

    ReplyDelete