Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Was there an October this year?

To say the last month has been busy would be the understatement of my life. I feel like I missed the whole month of October. My lofty dreams of posting to this blog at least twice a week quickly flew out the window when I got an unexpected job offer a month ago. Don't get me wrong. I am thrilled to be working again, but going from no job one day to full time the next was quite the adjustment. Especially since my life wasn't exactly sitting around doing nothing with my time. There is a house to run, a ministry to help with, and countless people that need to be fed. What am I doing you ask? One of my favorite things in the world, painting. Yep, painting. I love my new job for many many reasons. I love to paint, pick out paint colors, go to Home Depot almost daily, all the while getting paid. One of the best things about my new job is the fact that for this week, there is no work. It's the best of both worlds. I get to work when there is work and get time off when there isn't work. So here we are a month later and I finally feel like I can breathe again. Whenever my life gets crazy there are always a couple of visual clues which even the most novice of detectives would come to the conclusion that this woman has had a busy few days/weeks/month. The first one is the amount of dirty dishes that accumulate in the sink. Dishes is my least favorite of all household chores, so they are easily the first thing that I procrastinate to get done. It feels fabulous right now to (for the moment) actually be back on top of dish duty. 



The second clue to how busy my life has been is my purse. It seem that when life is out of control, my purse accumulates all sorts of stuff, which when added to the amount of stuff I carry around on a normal day makes for an interesting combination. 
I cleaned out my purse the other day, and this is what I found.





5 pens, a wrench, a multi-tool, a tide-to-go pen, 2 surgery markers, a packet of nail files, glasses cleaner, bandaids, a chapstick, a lip gloss, a lip stick, a pair of earrings, hair clips, an apple, nail polish, nail stickers, a lot of trash (the pile in the upper right corner is all trash), a pile of receipts, 3 hand sanitizer gels, hairspray, 2 packs of hand wipes, lactaid pills, lotion, an attachment for my paint sprayer, a blinking light, gum, tic tacs, my check book, wallets, money, a menu for a mexican restaurant, a survey about being on jury duty, and a pad of paper . . . no wonder my purse was so heavy!





So, all that to say, I am back in the land of the living and functioning and posting blogs. I hope to keep posting regularly . . . until the next job calls.

2 comments:

  1. Blog fans have been wondering about you... Glad your're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we have missed the regular updates on the DIY blog, glad you have a break to get caught up.

    ReplyDelete