Sunday, September 26, 2010

Gadgets

I love gadgets! There. I admitted it. I love going into a kitchen store and looking at all the cool things they have to make your life easier and your cupboards more cluttered. You name the gadget and I either have it, want it, or have deemed it unnecessary. Slap chop? Got it. Soda fountain milkshake maker? Got it. Quesadilla maker? Got it. Automatic scissors? Got em, and they're awesome! The list goes on and on. I have often been the brunt of jokes because of all of the gadgets in my cupboards. (Coincidentally, the people that have teased me the most about my gadgets are the same people who encouraged me to have a blog, because they think that I do cool stuff. . . . don't they know that gadgets are the source of all my powers?) 
I digress. I thought that I would share with you, my faithful readers, some of my all time favorites. I think all three of these are well worth the money. 


The Apple Corer/Peeler/Slicer
This thing does exactly what it says it does. It cores, peels, and slices apples all at the same time and does it well. It especially came in handy on the day that my friend and I got a ton of apples and made jars and jars of applesauce and apple butter. It can also peel a potato in about 5 seconds. I love double duty gadgets!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001A6E91E/ref=oss_product


The Salsa Express
Along with gadgets, I love county fairs! One of the things I love most about the fair is all of the booths with all of the new gadgets! This summer I went to the fair knowing that I wanted to get a salsa maker. I had tried my hand at gardening and wanted to make some salsa with all the tomatoes that were supposed to grow. Well, the tomatoes were a bust, BUT the salsa maker was not! I love the fresh salsa (made with store bought tomatoes . . . . .who can't grow tomatoes?!?!?) One of the best other uses that I have discovered is chopping other vegetables for recipes. Garlic, carrots, onions (without causing tears to stream down my face), anything that needs to be chopped small. It works great!
http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Chef-Express-Salsa-Maker/dp/B0012ZDZEK/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285450739&sr=8-1


The Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner
Talk about a time saver! You hit the button after you get out of the shower, and it CLEANS THE SHOWER FOR YOU!!!! For someone who hates to clean, this is a great thing! I have one in each shower and it really does keep your shower clean. Every once in a while I will still scrub the shower down, but only about once a month. 

http://www.amazon.com/Scrubbing-Bubbles-Automatic-Shower-CleanerStarter/dp/B001QJAHIY/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285450773&sr=8-1
I am sure this is not the last posting of gadgets that will be present on this blog. I wanted to ease you all in to the madness! Thanks for reading! I am off to make some coffee in my newest gadget . . . a Keurig coffee maker!

No comments:

Post a Comment