Saturday, September 25, 2010

Chicken and Biscuits

This recipe is one of my all time favorites. I make it all the time, and people always ask for the recipe. It is so good, that I was too excited to eat it and forgot to take a picture for this post. I was glad that we hadn't eaten it all, so I could get a shot of it. But don't think for a minute that those leftovers lasted until the next day. They became a late night snack.

Chicken and Biscuits
3-4 cups of cooked shredded chicken  - I usually buy an already made rotisserie chicken and cut it up. If I am cooking the chicken myself, I put 3 or 4 chicken breasts in a pan, sprinkle them with poultry seasoning, and add about 2 cups of chicken  broth to the pan before baking. 


2 t poultry seasoning (if you baked the chicken yourself with the seasoning - don't add it here)
1 large can of Veg All mixed vegetables (really any mixed vegetables would work)
3 cans of cream of chicken soup (I always use the reduced fat.)
Fresh vegetables - Whatever vegetable is on sale. I have used broccoli, asparagus, green beans, it all works.
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper


Mix all together. Add to a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes. 
Serve with refrigerated biscuits that you sprinkle with a little salt and pepper before baking.  


2 comments: