Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Easy Fall Recipes

I LOVE FALL!! It is by far my favorite season! One of my favorite things about fall (besides the cooler weather, football season, and the scented candles that smell like leaves) is the warm and inviting food. I just got back from visiting my family in Ohio, where the leaves were starting to change and the air was getting crisp. It put me in the mood for fall. Here are some of the things I made this week to celebrate the new season.


Fall Mix
If you have ever visited my house or my parents house during the fall, you have probably sampled what is affectionately known as the Fall Mix. I don't know where my mom got this, but it is one of the best combinations of sweet and salty goodness. You mix a bag of candy corn (get the name brand), a bag of M&M's (extra points if it's the autumn colored M&M's), and a jar of dry roasted salted peanuts. That's it!! It's not officially fall until there is mix in my house!






Roast Beef Panini
I have a new favorite sandwich, thanks to my Food Network Magazine! I made it for lunch on Sunday and ate it during football, which made it taste even better. 


Sourdough bread, muenster cheese, roast beef, dijon mustard, and carmelized onions. Buttered and grilled in a pan. Absolutely delicious!





Brownies
I made these for a 7th grade girls slumber party the other night. I always use the Ghirardelli brownie mix, added a can of frosting and some candy corn. I thought they turned out cute (and kinda looked like a quilt).

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to try that roast beef panini! Muenster cheese, caramelized onions, dijon mustard... Mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete